Region: Houston, Texas
Sector: Oil & Gas, Onshore
Function description maritime vacancy Warehouse Associate
Oceanwide is looking for a Warehouse Associate.
Location: Houston, Texas - USA (Onshore)
Hours per week: 40 (Full-time)
Warehouse Associates receive, apportion, prepare, load, and check goods in accordance with the companies procedures and instructions.
This work is essential to delivering complete orders, on time to our Oil & Gas / Maritime clients worldwide.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Responsible to check sizes, quantities, specifications etc. of incoming goods, based on paperwork given.
- Ensures the incoming goods are transferred to their allocated location in the warehouse, both physically as in our inventory
- Responsible to prepare orders for transportation, including appropriate packaging, based on the written instructions provided.
- Ensures orders are collected by customers or assigned to the correct forwarders.
- Responsible for a well-organized, clean and neat warehouse.
- Loading and unloading stock from containers, onto and from pallets, trays, and racks.
- Using heat seal machines to customize clients’ orders, adjust garments if needed.
- Add embroidery on the customer’s request, per written instructions and provided art work.
- Ensures correct registration of received and delivered goods in our systems (with Barcode Scanners)
- Add Barcode labels to products if needed.
- Performs inventory counts and ensures accurate stock levels
- Reports any discrepancies to the Warehouse Manager and/or Director.
- Is responsible to follow procedures and protocols as recorded in the HQSE-system and local OSHA regulations.
Function demands maritime vacancy Warehouse Associate
To be considered for the position please note that we will require the following certificates:
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate of high school equivalency
- Valid forklift certification
- Certification and extensive training in warehousing operations
- Minimum 2 years of work in warehousing operations
- Extensive training and work in material handling and with material handling equipment
- Training and work in heat sealing
- Extensive training in and work with inventory management systems with or without a barcode scanner
- General math skills and comprehension of work orders
- Proficient at Microsoft Office
- Ability to work to deadlines and plan ahead
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic and Team player
- Is familiar with applicable OSHA regulations
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower & HR services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen, Den Helder and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, Houma and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Our services include all steps of international manpower & HR services specified for the dedicated business sector. See the services page for detailed information.
Maritime crew, offshore staff and technical personnel are trained and certified according to international standards such as ISO, CMO + MLC, IMCA, and STCW.
Oceanwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Charell Portier
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +1 (832) 328 7001
- 11767 Katy Freeway, Suite 400
- Houston, Texas - USA
Check out our other jobs