Sector: Oil & Gas, Maritime Technology
Function description maritime vacancy Technical Superintendent
- Ensure company owned and managed vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with class and statutory regulations.
- Liaise with the port captain and vessel masters with reference to certification, safety equipment and loose lifting gear etc.
- Liaise with ‘’crewing’’ regarding all aspects of travel, crew changes and other personnel issues in conjuction with the vessel master. monitor crew overlap days.
- Liaise with the warehouse and purchasing officer to ensure timely delivery of supplies and that purchase requisitions are being tracked and expeditied in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all mandatory procedures i.e tool box talks, risk assessments, permits to work, hot work permits etc. are used effectively and filed for audit purposes.
- Prepare vessel repair specifications in association with the shore technician.
- Ensure imca guielines and’’ best industry practices’’ are adhered to at all times with regard to vessel dp operations and equipment.
- Ensure that the fleet dp equipment is in a fully operational state of readiness at alll times.
- Attend annual dp trials and fmea audits as required.
- Maintain the ocimf-ovid vessel ovpq technical database for the fleet.
- Ensure that end of month vessel paperwork is reviewed and outstanding issues acted upon.
- Monitor the performance of sub-contractors services provided to vessel operations andliasing with sub-contractor to report, discuss and implement any corrective actions considered necessary.
- Perform technical compliance audits and investigation on defects/ failures on a regular scheduled basis to ensure conformance.
- Perform evaluation for dry-docking, repair quotes and selection of shipyards for repair works, ship maintenance etc.
- Provide and compile documented reports upon completion of dry-docking, including summaries of works performed, operational budget and actual expenditures.
- Undertake any other technical asssignments as and when required.
Function demands maritime vacancy Technical Superintendent
- Analytical and highly proactive in technical trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Possess good organisational and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadline.
- Independent and resourceful.
- diploma in mechanical engineering.
- 5-8 years relevant experience in similar position, inclusive of sea-going experience as chief engineer/marine engineer with minimum class 2 certification.
- Familiarity with ism/isps a must.
- Master mariner’s license in compliance with stcw 11/2
The efficiency of this position is critical for ensuring that alll vessels are operated in accordance with good marine practice, in compliance with company and client procedures and rules and in accordance with alll local and international laws and regulations.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Drew Ireland
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +1 281 987 96 00
Check out our other jobs