Technical Expert Platform
Sector: Wind Energy, Projectmanagement
Function description maritime vacancy Technical Expert Platform
As technical expert you are responsible to contribute to the long term reliability of our offshore substations (platforms) to be realised. This by providing clear technical standards and specifications. In total five offshore substations will be constructed up to 2023, with a view on further offshore developments. Windfarms of 700MW will get connected to the shore via this offshore substation.
Your scope is to create technical standards together with the team of experts, and optimize specifications and requirements for our offshore substations. These technical specifications will be part of the upcoming platform tender where you will participate in the tender team. During the construction phase of the platform you will have a supporting role. You are member of the Asset Management team and work closely together with the other experts in the team in order to create effective designs and accompanying requirements.
As technical expert platforms you are reporting to the manager Asset Management NL.
Tasks and responsibilities includes:
• Develop and draft technical specifications for the offshore substations/platforms and coordinating the application of these specifications within and outside the client organization;
• Act as expert and actively contribute as knowledge carrier;
• Describe with regards to product quality the requirement to be used in the contractor preselection procedures;
• Participate in purchasing processes in cooperation. Explain our specifications to, check the offers from and discuss/negotiate with possible contractors. Select together with the purchasing department the best possible contractor;
• Take care of quality of delivered products from contractors together with the project team responsible for the platform. Secure the quality of our assets with regard of the expected lifetime;
• Advise on the technical solutions during the project realisation phase, or check the proposed solutions on quality;
More information with regard to the job can be obtained via Oceanwide
Function demands maritime vacancy Technical Expert Platform
Our perfect candidate let's describe him or herself as a person who has, and is:
• You have a Bachelor or preferable master degree in Mechanical/Offshore Engineering or a comparable discipline.
• You have extensive knowledge and experience (10 years +) in designing and develop specifications for offshore platforms. You have knowledge on platform construction, auxiliary systems and safety rules for platforms.
• You have extensive experience in the technical field of offshore engineering and construction.
• You have a wide experience in platform developments, gained in O&G or in E industries.
• You are cost conscious and widely useable.
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and to become acquainted with a range of topics.
• You have good communication and negotiation skills and are able to organize and schedule activities well.
• You show initiative, you are persuasive, sensitive, aware of your stakeholders and capable of balanced judgment.
• You are dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated, you take your responsibility and ownership (committed); no 'nine to five-mentality'.
• You are fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
• Willingness to travel.
In order to initiate, prepare and realize the connections of the offshore wind farms in the Dutch part of the North Sea, A new department Offshore NL is formed within our clients organisation. A great opportunity for people who are willing and able to work and build in a dynamic and innovative environment.
Working conditions maritime vacancy Technical Expert Platform
Our client offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic international working environment. An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
At entry, our client performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Mevrouw Kristy Meissner
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671727
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs