Technical Engineer Land Stations
Sector: Wind Energy, Projectmanagement
Function description maritime vacancy Technical Engineer Land Stations
As Technical engineer Land Station you are responsible for the technical engineering of the Land Station which connects the offshore grid connection systems to the onshore grid. In total 3500 MW offshore wind energy will get connected to the shore in a safe and timely manner and within quality and budget requirements.
The Land Stations will be connected to the existing 380kV grid, which will be extended in parallel. Your scope is to manage the design of the Land Station including the interfaces with the parallel projects that are ongoing in the same area. As Technical engineer you are reporting to the Project Lead Land Station and will be located in the department Offshore NL. You work together with the other engineers within the team for the land station.
Tasks and responsibilities includes:
- monitoring / testing the engineering work in accordance with the scope and within the constraints defined by the client;
- controlling and testing of remote engine running parties;
- writing technical specifications and work packages, monitoring technical compliance and reviewing calculations, drawings, reports and third party analysis;
- ensuring quality, performance and relevant (inter) national standards and guidelines in the field of lines;
- first point of contact and partner for technical issues related to the secondary process;
- answering questions from other disciplines and stakeholders about the secondary process;
- representing the engineering team during the procurement process: preparing tender documents relating to the technique, reviewing third-party tender documents and attending BAFO talks with third parties;
- representing the engineering team during the execution of the engineering contract and realization by third parties;
- point of contact for third parties and attending meetings (PMT, engineering consultation, construction meetings).
Function demands maritime vacancy Technical Engineer Land Stations
- You have a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering / Power Electronics or a comparable discipline;
- Experience with secondary systems for Control and Protection for energy transmission in HVAC and HVDC grids, system integration into transport system;
- Excellent communication skills and experience in working project based;
- You have a helicopter view and can work well under pressure;
- You have strong analytical skills;
- As a team player you are pro-active, result driven, encouraging professionals and capable of keeping the team together;
- You enjoy reviewing and coordinating work;
- Willing to travel;
- Fluently in English (spoken and written).
Working conditions maritime vacancy Technical Engineer Land Stations
Our client offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic international working environment. We offer an excellent salary with good secondary benefits.
Duty station for this function is Arnhem (NL).
Our client is a leading European electricity transmission system operator, with activities in the Netherlands and in Germany.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Mevrouw S. Brandes
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services
- Phone number:
- +31 118 42 95 19
- Bellamypark 3
Check out our other jobs