Region: Den Helder
Sector: Construction, Oil & Gas
Function description maritime vacancy Structural Engineer
- Receiving information regarding current and new projects from the Lead Maintenance and/or Maintenance and Integrity Manager.
- Developing and elaborating ideas regarding the approach and execution in design and outsourcing engineering works in consultation with supervisor and/or client.
- Drawing up schedules and budgeting.
- Studying and discussing the programme of requirements and third-party specifications, based on structural requirements and legislation and regulation.
- Making calculations and analyses (including on strength), or having them made, regarding platforms, foundations, bearing capacity, etc.; specifying the requirements.
- Supervising outsourced (engineering) work, identifying deviations and anomalies and finding solutions.
- Evaluating drawings, specifications, calculations and procedures related to docks for the purposes of load-out and sea fastening for transportations. Advising on improvements thereto.
- Ensuring the flow of information to the installation contractor; supplying and explaining the data.
- Evaluating the installation contractor’s drawings, specifications, calculations and procedures to ensure they meet the requirements set and safety needs.
- Explaining drawings, specifications, calculations and procedures to the warranty surveyor; answering queries. Ensuring the warranty surveyor can approve installation works.
- Maintaining oversight of the offshore installation works at platforms/constructions. Flagging up any discrepancies/anomalies; finding a solution.
- Ensuring the certification by government bodies of platforms or constructions installed.
- Evaluating the proposed changes in construction terms; indicating any amendments that are needed
- Advising the supervisor and the user organisation regarding new developments.
- Following developments in the area of offshore platforms and constructions.
- Analysing inspection reports, determining required actions and ensuring prompt follow-up
- Ensuring the recertification of existing platforms and constructions.
- Evaluating the necessary modifications to platforms and constructions and giving notice of such; ensuring a structural solution. Evaluating the result of adaptations carried out, to ensure that they meet the aims set.
- Analysing the process-technical prerequisites of new projects.
- Evaluating the conceptual design for feasibility and achievability and its degree of satisfaction of legislation and regulations.
Function demands maritime vacancy Structural Engineer
- Relevant BSc degree (mechanical and/or civil engineering)
- Typically a minimum of 5 years’ experience from a relevant field / disciplines
- Requires deep knowledge of the specialist area, the E&P business and Oil & Gas industry
- Offshore travels must be expected
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language, both written and verbal skills
- Living in the province of North Holland, or willing to relocate
The company is an important player in exploration and production of oil and gas in the Netherlands.
Excellent achievements are a result of the contribution made by our client's E&P’s highly knowledgeable, skilled and dedicated workforce.
Working conditions maritime vacancy Structural Engineer
We offer a fulltime contracting position in an interesting and challenging environment.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Mevrouw Kristy Meissner
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671727
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs