Sector: , Vessel
Function description maritime vacancy Steward
The Steward is responsible for:
- Cleaning living areas, recreation and office rooms such as cabins, offices, stairwells, corridors, sanitary rooms, locker rooms, fitness-facility, sauna and so on.
- Making the beds.
- Collecting dirty laundry and subsequent washing, drying, folding or ironing, storing or returning the cleaned articles.
- Weekly returning tasks such as changing the beds, emptying the newly arrived container and storing the goods, cleaning of HVAC filters.
- In cooperation with cook determine any other activities when needed.
The Steward (Offshore Installation) holds the following general authorities:
- Execution of tasks is, under supervision of the cook, planned by the steward himself.
Description of specific tasks:
Cleaning -grease/dirt/dust- the following rooms: Note: Application of the applicable cleaning program is mandatory!
- Cabins - Inclusive sanitary parts (mind the cabins of nightshift personnel).
- Recreation rooms - General-, TV-, Film-, Fitness-, Sauna- (Note: remark at "offices"!)
- Offices - Inclusive emptying ashtrays and dustbins.
- Sanitary rooms - Inclusive supply of toilet paper.
- Restaurant - Floors, tables and chairs.
- Corridors - Inclusive stairwells
- Making the beds - Beds must have been "aired" for some time prior to making them.
- Collecting laundry in accordance with prearranged schedule.
- Sorting the laundry, filling the machines and running the washing program that fits the articles in the machine.
- Drying the cleaned articles, using the correct drying program (when applicable) for the articles concerned.
- Folding or drying the cleaned articles.
- Storing the cleaned articles or return them to their owners in accordance with a prearranged schedule
- Service provider
- Showing Initiative
- Fluent English in word and speaking
- Eye for detail/carefully
- Take responsibility for his own job
- Knowledge of companies regulations
Function demands maritime vacancy Steward
- Hotel cleaning
- Laundry experience
- Experience as offshore steward
- HDA/HLO if necessary
- Valid offshore medical
- Valid Nogepa 0.5 A
- HACCP level 2
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
The history of Oceanwide dates back to 1976 when the first office was established in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. Throughout the years, Oceanwide has been recognized as a worldwide supplier of qualified maritime and offshore personnel.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen and Den Helder, Latvia, St. Petersburg and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, New Orleans and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Our services include all steps of international manpower services specified for the dedicated business sector. See the services page for detailed information.
Maritime crew, offshore staff and technical personnel are trained and certified according to international standards such as ISO, CMO + MLC, IMCA, and STCW.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Oceanwide Den Helder
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +31 223 67 17 20
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- 1786 PP
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs