Sr Structural Engineer Offshore Structures
Sector: Maritime Technology, Shipbuilding
Function description maritime vacancy Sr Structural Engineer Offshore Structures
Our client - a reputable engineering company focused on the offshore industry - requires your extensive experience in basic and detail design of offshore structures. You will perform design studies and analyses and will independently produce reports. You will report to the Lead Engineer and work with the Project Manager, the other engineering disciplines and the client representatives. You will be involved in various engineering projects.
- Strength designs of:
- topsides, substructures and other platform components, including transportation and installation
- platform modifications
- subsea structures
- FPSO topsides
- Wind energy substations
- Load out, Upending, In-place, In-place fatigue, Lifting, Seismic, Transport, Transport fatigue, Installation/stabbing, On-bottom/Unpiled, Vessel impact/collision, Redundancy/Pushover, Foundation piles and suction cans, Pile drivability etc.
- Weight and CoG/CoB calculations, Vessel/barge deck strength, Weight Control Reports, Bolted connections, Detailed buckling checks of shell structures, Nodes & joints (diamond plates), Welded connections, Grillage and Sea Fastening, Lifting points (pad eyes and trunnions), Rigging selection etc.
- Decommissioning engineering
- Platform lifetime extension studies
Function demands maritime vacancy Sr Structural Engineer Offshore Structures
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Broad experience as a Structural Engineer in the offshore oil&gas and renewables industry
- Experience with the design of platform substructures
- Experience with geotechnical foundation design for driven piles and suction anchor foundations
- Software skills: SACS, Ansys, FEMAP, StaadPro
- Knowledge of the relevant international design rules and standards
- English fluent, preferably also Dutch
Working conditions maritime vacancy Sr Structural Engineer Offshore Structures
- Project position for 6 months with possible extensions
- Competetive salary
- Challenging projects
Company descriptionOceanwide - founded in 1976 - is a specialized global supplier of personnel services. We provide qualified personnel to clients in the Maritime and Energy industries. We are your reliable partner, committing to people, always ensuring safety, and providing the highest quality of services.
Apply for this job »
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Dimitri Bik
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +31 682792764
- Westplein 12
- 3016 BM
Check out our other jobs