Second Engineer |Passenger Expedition Vessel |MV Hondius
Region: Arctic / Antarctic
Sector: Maritime, Passenger
Function description maritime vacancy Second Engineer |Passenger Expedition Vessel |MV Hondius
We are currently looking for a second Engineer to join our new built passenger expedition vessel MV Hondius. The vessel accommodates 174 passengers and will be operating in the Arctic and Antarctic regions.
As Second Engineer you are responsible for the management of watch keeping in the Engine Room including all technical maintenance relating to ship's installation and equipment. You work closely with the onboard management team and engine room department to ensure the vessels safe and efficient operation.
Function demands maritime vacancy Second Engineer |Passenger Expedition Vessel |MV Hondius
- Excellent communication skills and good knowledge of the English language
- Valid CoC 2nd Engineer (>3000 KW)
- At least 2 years experience in rank
- Able to control and execute plans for the maintenance of technical installations and equipment
- Experience on Passenger vessels is an advantage
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- A flexible and motivated team player
- Valid STCW certificates
Working conditions maritime vacancy Second Engineer |Passenger Expedition Vessel |MV Hondius
- Vessel: MV Hondius
- Location: Antarctic/Arctic
- Long term position
- 2.5 months on/off schedule
- Start: 23rd of July 2019 in Svalbard, Longyearbyen
Oceanwide Marine Services is the ship operator of the Oceanwide Expeditions Group
Oceanwide Marine Services operates with private and chartered expedition vessels and is responsible for the management and operations on board. All voyages have been carefully prepared and developed (routing, regulations, provisioning, crewing, excursions etc.) and are empathic to the natural conditions of the areas concerned and therefore unique in their design.
Oceanwide Expeditions & Oceanwide Marine Services look back at 26 years of experience in expedition cruising, having built up a thorough knowledge of the areas visited. Our tours are constantly modified to guarantee the intended quality of our voyages.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Oceanwide Marine Services
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- Visserijkade 5
- 4382 ZA
Check out our other jobs