Region: Den Haag
Sector: Office, Oil & Gas
Function description maritime vacancy Risk Advisor
Main duties & responsibilities
- Provide support and advice to others within own discipline by applying professional knowledge about theoretical concepts and principles in a specialized area acquired through an academic qualification. Jobs at this level have significant experience and is expected to look beyond own work to integrate and understand the overall result and impact.
- Positions at this level are expected to be less detail oriented and work primarily on overarching level with complex issues within the complete organization.
- The function is expected to contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of new work processes, procedures, guidelines, methods and applications/tools for suitable management of risk related issues.
- Work requires the consideration of future implications beyond the immediate problem and may involve the creation of new approaches and procedures to solve issues at hand.
- Be an advisor within the area of Enterprise Risk Management including all risks related to the recognized stakeholders: shareholders, employees, environment, etc., ensuring professional support to the organisation in all aspects of risk management (general, projects and operation).
- Ensure the provision of a framework for risk management, identifying particular events or circumstances relevant to the organisation's objectives (risks and opportunities).
- Ensure assessment of the risks and opportunities in terms of likelihood and magnitude of impact, determining a response strategy, and monitoring progress.
- Contribute to identification and proactive addressing of risks and opportunities, to ensure the company protects and creates value for their stakeholders, including owners, employees, customers, regulators, and society overall.
- Lead and facilitate risk workshops for all parts of the organization when needed and coordinate analyses performed by external companies.
- Advise on validation of the risks and the appropriate mitigating measures.
- Links processes, risk profiles and mitigating measures to ensure full compliance to recognized standards globally and locally.
Function demands maritime vacancy Risk Advisor
Required competences/ qualifications /experience /profile
- Requires relevant higher university degree. MSc Level
- Suitable and relevant Risk Management and HSEQ qualification(s).
- Relevant supporting technical/industry qualification(s) would be advantageous.
- Have a minimum of 10-15 years relevant experience within Risk Management, Internal Control or HSEQ.
- Comprehensive understanding, good working knowledge of, and experience in implementing and complying with Risk Management and HSEQ related legislation (on & offshore), corporate, national & international standards, and industry best practices are essential.
- Is in full command of the English language.
- Is an efficient self-starter with ability to work alone and as part of a team, prioritize tasks, and deliver against deadlines
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- This is the senior level of work and expected to have very deep and broad knowledge applied to solving highly complex issues.
- Skills in initiating and managing projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving (pro-active) ability
Risk management is to be understood as all measures and activities carried out to manage risks in order to attain the objectives of the enterprise (company).
Enterprise risk management (ERM) includes the methods and processes used by the organization to manage risks and seize opportunities related to the achievement of our objectives. This function is the most senior authority in this discipline, sharing knowledge of, and experience with Enterprise Risk Management in its broadest form within the complete Organization locally and globally.
Working conditions maritime vacancy Risk Advisor
We offer a fulltime contracting position in an interesting and challenging environment.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Mevrouw Kristy Meissner
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671727
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs