Recruiter Maritime / Oil & Gas
Region: Houston, Texas
Sector: Oil & Gas, Office
Function description maritime vacancy Recruiter Maritime / Oil & Gas
Join our team in Houston (TX) as Recruiter. Your main goal is to select and match qualified candidates, so that vacancies are fulfilled successfully and Oceanwide clients are served in the best way.
- Recruit and select qualified candidates;
- Conduct (intake) interviews;
- Review resumes and references for matching of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position and client requirements;
- Document verification, processing and data entry;
- Maintain contact with candidates on a frequent basis;
- Act quick and adequate after receiving vacancies;
- Prepare resumes on request for a customer visit or client proposal;
- Maintain an accurate database of candidates and construct talent pools per vacancy for effective and efficient recruitment;
- Develop and maintain accurate job descriptions;
- Content management of job boards;
- Develop strategic recruitment campaigns and maintain contact with advertisers;
- Collaborate with the HR assistant and Finance regarding correct administrative follow-up of candidates and correct processing in the databases;
- Initiate creative and progressive ways to improve the recruitment process;
- Prepare and maintain recruitment overviews and reports;
- Increase brand awareness through participation in fairs, events and social media etc.;
- Increase the market knowledge by, following courses, seminars, etc.;
- Keep knowledge of relevant legislation up to date;
- Organize crew changes, including travel and hotel arrangements;
- Assist the team with sales proposals;
- Reply to inside sales call from customers;
- Any other duties as assigned;
- Abide to QHSE regulations according to governmental, clients and Oceanwide’s standard.
Function demands maritime vacancy Recruiter Maritime / Oil & Gas
- Bachelor’s degree (Maritime, HR management, Business Administration or comparable);
- At least three years of relevant work experience in a recruitment position;
- Relevant network in the Maritime / Oil & Gas / Offshore industry;
- Knowledge of the labor market and of recruitment techniques;
- General knowledge of HR standards and benefits;
- Knowledge of MS Office, Social media, working with CRM systems;
- Bilingual English, Spanish is an advantage;
- Willing to work in a 24/7 environment;
- Willing to travel/ to work in Houma, Louisiana for a few days at the time.
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower & HR services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen, Den Helder and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, Houma and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Our services include all steps of international manpower & HR services specified for the dedicated business sector. See the services page for detailed information.
Maritime crew, offshore staff and technical personnel are trained and certified according to international standards such as ISO, CMO + MLC, IMCA, and STCW.
Oceanwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Bobby Roosien
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +1 (832) 328 7001
- 11767 Katy Freeway, Suite 400
- Houston, Texas - USA
Check out our other jobs