Radio Operator / Administrator
Sector: , Maritime
Function description maritime vacancy Radio Operator / Administrator
Oceanwide is searching for a Radio Operator/ Administrator! The job will start in April 2018 in a fixed rotation of 10 weeks on 10 weeks off.
- Proactively contribute to the safety regime on the vessel.
- Carry out other related tasks when required by management.
- Handle external daily telephone, fax and email traffic on behalf of Captain and Superintendent.
- Operate the vessel’s maritime communication equipment.
- Operate the vessel’s maritime helicopter communication equipment.
- Coordinate helicopter traffic with helibase on shore and aircraft in the flight.
- Perform maintenance and repair of internal and external communication equipment (a.o. GMDSS, VSAT, INMARSAT, TVRO, VHF,PA, HMS, telephone)
- Perform installation, maintenance and basic repairs of bridge navigational equipment.
- Perform installation, maintenance and basic repairs of office network equipment and clients in close cooperation with the ICT Department
- Perform helpdesk duties for users on board.
- Use the company’s planned maintenance procedures for planning and registration of activities.
- Take care of the distribution of project documentation as instructed by the Superintendent.
- Assist Captain/Superintendent with the planning and preparation crewing schedules.
- Take care of documentation archiving.
- Take care and distribute minutes of meetings as instructed by Captain/Superintendent.
- Handle all personal data of the vessel crew, including certification, training, travel requirements etc. in liaison with Operations
- Ensure the timely collection of personnel timesheets in conjunction with HR Department.
- Assist Captain regarding port clearance. Collectively handless daily reports of all departments.
- Coordinate travel from/to vessel with local agent and in conjunction with Operations Department.
- Tracking on/off data and working hours of vessel crew.
Function demands maritime vacancy Radio Operator / Administrator
In possession of the following certificates:
- Seafarer Medical examination
- Basic Safety training
- Medical First Aid
- Designated Security Duties
- MET Observer
- Working at Heights
- Confined Spaces
- Seaman's book
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
The history of Oceanwide dates back to 1976 when the first office was established in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. Throughout the years, Oceanwide has been recognized as a worldwide supplier of qualified maritime and offshore personnel.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen and Den Helder, Latvia, and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, New Orleans and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Working conditions maritime vacancy Radio Operator / Administrator
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Oceanwide Netherlands
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +31 118 429 510
- Bellamypark 3
- 4381 CG
Check out our other jobs