Region: USA, Gulf of Mexico
Sector: Maritime, Offshore support vessel
Function description maritime vacancy QMED
Oceanwide Americas is looking for several QMEDS (Qualified Member of the Engine Department)
Rotation: 28 days on / 28 days off
Project Location: Gulf of Mexico
Crewchange Location: Galliano, Louisiana
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
Safe operation and routine maintenance of the vessel’s propulsion, auxiliary and other mechanical systems in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations of the vessel’s flag, the international community, Company policies and procedures, and the manufacturer’s recommendations in a manner responsible to the safety of the crew.
Responsible care and use of the vessel’s consumable spares, mechanical stores and tools inventories
Collect, dump, and clean garbage — empties color-coded receptacles for segregated garbage to the appropriate storage or processing location.
Participate in safety and rescue drills for emergency situations.
The QMED will work in a rotation watch involving 12 hours in a 24-hour period.
Must be able to:
- Lift and move equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds or more
Move equipment that is heavy, large, and awkward, sometimes from one level to another.
- Ascend and descend stairs and ladders, sometimes while transporting tools or objects.
- Use portable ladders to allow them to work on systems that are located in the overhead section of machinery spaces. Repairs may require that incumbents reach into small, poorly accessible areas of machinery.
- Work on equipment that has pressurized or hot components; secure or segregate systems to provide an adequate safety margin;
- Troubleshoot equipment that is difficult to reach
- Work in areas that have high noise levels
- Work below decks in an area that may experience periods of darkness in unusual situations; and work in confined and restricted spaces.
- Demonstrate sufficient physical dexterity to enable them to manipulate small items in restricted spaces or large objects when using mechanical lifting devices.
- Performing assigned emergency duties without undue danger to himself /herself or the vessel.
Function demands maritime vacancy QMED
To be considered for the position please note that we will require the following certificates:
- Merchant Mariners Credentials (MMC) with QMED Rating
- Rating Forming Part of an Engineering Watch (RFPEW)
- STCW Certificates
- Valid Passport (minimum six (6) months prior to renewal)
- Required to be able to read and write in English, calculate, have estimation skills, posses good verbal presentation, and be able to communicate effectively.
- TWIC Card
- BOSIET Training or Equivalent (OPITO approved)
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower & HR services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen, Den Helder and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, Houma and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Our services include all steps of international manpower & HR services specified for the dedicated business sector. See the services page for detailed information.
Maritime crew, offshore staff and technical personnel are trained and certified according to international standards such as ISO, CMO + MLC, IMCA, and STCW.
Oceanwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Marissa Rogers
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +1 (985) 746 - 5705
- 1340 W Tunnel Blvd
- LA 70360
- Houma, USA
Check out our other jobs