Sector: Maritime Technology
Function description maritime vacancy QHSE Officer
For one of our clients we are looking for a QHSE Officer. The QHSE Officer is part of the QHSE team, and will coordinate and provide an effective and efficient QHSE service to vessels as well QHSE Management service for the shore-based departments within the company, with focus on Quality Assurance. The principle role of the QHSE Officer is to advise on the safe and efficient management of vessels in respect of health, safety and environmental protection and as priority the Quality related matters for the office.
- Assisting the head- and other offices in Quality Control
- Assisting the vessels in daily QHSE related matters in close cooperation with the Safety departments on board
- The QHSE Officer is to ensure that the shore-based departments and Shipboard Management are updated on and made aware of changes to legislation, class rules and industry standards within their area of competence as well as make recommendations for improvements on HSE related matters.
- The QHSE Officer will be expected to work proactively and deliver a seamless QHSE service, providing support where necessary to meet service quality requirements.
- The QHSE Officer works in close cooperation with the QHSE Manager, the Head office and follows up in absence of the QHSE Manager.
- Focus on Quality Control in the head office, assist with regards to system improvements;
- Analysing accident/ incident data from assigned vessel(s), participating actively in development of improved safety systems at work and assisting in preparation of method statements;
- Keeps track of the HSE standards on board the vessels and takes appropriate and timely actions to meet the required standards or to lift the standards to a higher level;
- Conducts QHSE&S audits according to the audit plan both onshore as well as on board the vessels and writes audit reports;
- Initiates and develops new procedures, working instructions or Newsletter articles relating to QHSE matters, whenever necessary to improve QHSE and ISO standards;
- Writes visit reports (vessels, clients etc.);
- Verifies corrective or preventive actions based on incidents, inspections, audits, etc.
Keeps regular contact with clients if deemed necessary.
Function demands maritime vacancy QHSE Officer
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Maritime or relevant areas.
- Internal or lead auditor competence is preferred.
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of marine and offshore operations, relevant international and local legislation flag state and class rules.
- Relevant experience in shipboard management and / or HSEQ related activities within the shipping or offshore oil and gas industry.
- Recognition of sound experience in place of formal qualifications is acceptable Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office packages including database applications.
- Always working on continuous improvement
- Taking initiative
- Result orientated
- Willing to travel on regular basis
Our client provides offshore accommodation solutions, ship management, asset management, engineering and maintenance, and operations assistance. This independent services company specialises in meeting the support needs of the offshore oil and gas industry, and is set to continue to lead the industry through its unmatched customer base, experience of transferring technology and optimal employment of local resources. Its services lead to world-class plant operation and maintenance while creating excellent employee relations and local development for its customers.
Working conditions maritime vacancy QHSE Officer
a varied, international working environment with responsibility;
a dedicated team where every member strives for the best ream results;
prominent international career opportunities;
one year contract and after this permanent contract with proven suitability.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Jaco Flokstra
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +31 118 42 90 00
- Bellamypark 3
- 4381 CG
Check out our other jobs