Region: Den Helder
Sector: Oil & Gas, Office
Function description maritime vacancy QHSE Manager
Oceanwide is looking for a QHSE Manager. As a QHSE Manager your job is to ensure that the company complies with all standards and legislation relating to Quality, Health, Safety and Environment. This includes maintaining and developing the company’s certified management systems, quality assurance in tendering, project management, risk assessment and cooperating in audits.
- Act as focal point for QHSE matters to ensure that QHSE standards within the management system comply with legal requirements and industry practice
- Responsible for the QHSE part of the annual Management Review
- Responsible for management reports, including summaries of incidents, non-conformance and audit reports and QHSE statistics
- Responsible for the BHV organisation and verification of emergency preparedness through drills and debriefings
- QHSE Manager will maintain contacts with clients, authorities, trade and professional QHSE organisations
- Responsible for HSE training/familiarisation for permanent staff, offshore professionals and subcontractors
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, implementation and monitoring of the Management System
- Responsible for the initiation, implementation and maintenance of QHSE documentation and procedures
- Monitor performance and follow up company-wide and project risk assessments and plans
- Operational support for QHSE-related topics in the tender, implementation and project phase, such as HIRA
- Responsible for operational support, training and advice to implement correct level of QHSE awareness
- Review project-related QHSE documents and ensure compliance with project, company and local legislative QHSE requirements
- Participate in operational meetings
- Lead the investigation of incidents, analysing, assessing corrective measures and monitoring the implementation of corrective measures
- Monitor implementation of activities to prevent reoccurrence
- Responsible for QHSE reporting and analysis (e.g. summaries of incidents, non-conformance and audit reports and QHSE statistics)
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring timely close out of incidents, non-conformance and audit reports and conduct investigations where required
- Communicate QHSE matters through meetings, safety alerts etc
- Responsible for external, internal, project, supplier and sub-contractor audits
- Responsible for the translation and provision of information about new legislation, regulations and corporate guidelines and implement them where applicable
- Responsible for the Technical Authority Organisation and assisted by the Technical Authorities Diving, ROV and Rope Access for discipline-specific knowledge and input for the approval of discipline-related documents and incidents / accidents, including investigations and reviews. In the absence of the QHSE Manager, the QHSE Engineer will perform these tasks
Function demands maritime vacancy QHSE Manager
- Academic or higher professional education level, preferably with a technical background
- Preferably a professionally relevant qualification in Safety, Health and Environment or other relevant experience/education. (HVK)
- Good knowledge of QHSE standards and legislation as well as good business practices, equipment and requirements
- Good knowledge of risk assessment techniques such as HIRA, HAZOP, FMECA
- Knowledge of and experience with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, VCA** and preferably OHSAS 18001:2007
- Qualified Lead Auditor
- First Aid (BHV) qualified
- Experience: at least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position preferable in the maritime (Offshore Oil & Gas/Energy/marine contracting sector) industry
- Excellent command of Dutch and English, both spoken and written
- Competent in using Windows: Outlook, Microsoft Word, Visio and Excel
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower and HR services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
The history of Oceanwide dates back to 1976 when the first office was established in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. Throughout the years, Oceanwide has been recognized as a worldwide supplier of qualified maritime and offshore personnel.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen and Den Helder, Latvia, and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, New Orleans and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Our services include all steps of international manpower services specified for the dedicated business sector. See the services page for detailed information.
Maritime crew, offshore staff and technical personnel are trained and certified according to international standards such as ISO, CMO + MLC, IMCA, and STCW.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- De heer S.D. Hordijk
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services B.V.
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671712
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs