Project Lead Cable Man
Sector: Maritime Technology
Function description maritime vacancy Project Lead Cable Man
Tasks and responsibilities includes:
• Management of subproject Cable, including design, construction, transport & installation and commissioning of the offshore and onshore cable systems.
• Management of the interfaces with other contracts (Platform, land station) and the offshore wind farms in close cooperation with the other project leads in the team.
• Performing effective contract management of the cable contract.
• Support the Project Initiation team during tendering and contracting of the contractors for the Cable.
• Ensure compliance with requirements and goals set for SHE, time, cost, risk and quality.
• Setting up and managing a dedicated project team, closely cooperating with other project leads in the team.
• Ensuring project documentation.
• Responsible for primary risk management as part of day-to-day job.
• To ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and the framework of the client corporate manuals and guidelines.
• Areas of work: offshore and onshore cable systems, system integration, testing, commissioning, grid connection, AC transmission technology, cable connections.
• Managing the cable contract based on risk assessment in such a way, ensuring optimal contributing to the project goals, taking into account the department's and broader goals.
• Aligning with relevant authorities, municipalities and land owners.
• Contribution to standardisation of project management approach and optimisation of synergies between projects.
• Aligning with experts and teams within Offshore NL/GER and various other departments and taking into account lessons learned from other large projects.
• Monitoring and evaluation of phase to phase progress focussing on documenting and communicating about 'lessons learned' so future projects can benefit.
• Ensuring high quality project plans, progress and exception reports, decision documents, evaluations and implementing Project Steering Group (PSG) decisions.
• Managing the required (pre)surveys, including the UXO clearance survey
• You contribute actively to a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and contractors.
Function demands maritime vacancy Project Lead Cable Man
• Bachelor degree in Cable Engineering or a comparable discipline.
• Extensive knowledge and experience (5 years +) in leading construction and electrical offshore projects and in managing project teams with experts.
• Extensive experience in the technical field of Cable Engineering/ Electrical engineering.
• Wide experience in managing contracts.
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and to become acquainted with a range of topics.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills and are able to organize and schedule activities well. As well as Dutch and English
• Show initiative, you are persuasive, sensitive, aware of your stakeholders and capable of balanced judgment.
• Dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated, you take your responsibility and ownership (committed); no 'nine to five-mentality'.
• Able to functionally manage, motivate and give direction to a team of professionals and you are a team player yourself.
• Preferable IPMA C certified or open to follow a certification traject.
• Experience in FIDIC is a an advantage.
Maritime & Offshore Manpower Services
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Mevrouw Sarah van Rietschoten
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services
- Phone number:
- Luchthavenweg 6I
- 1786 PP
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs