Pipeline Inspection Engineer
Sector: Oil & Gas, Production, Maritime Technology, Office
Function description maritime vacancy Pipeline Inspection Engineer
As Pipeline inspection engineer you provide technical expertise in the inspection, repair and maintenance of subsea pipelines:
• Work with the surveyors to develop the procedures and specifications required for inspection of subsea pipelines including scope of work and requirements from contractors performing the work
• Assist in developing the full inspection scope of work (on an annual basis) based on regulation requirements, previous survey results and the requirements of the asset
• Go offshore as required to assist / witness offshore survey scopes
• Analyze pipeline data received by contractor, and ensure it is fit for purpose in order to assess all anomalies
• Ensure that all anomalies are reporting in a consistent manner and develop summary reports for review / acceptance by the asset. Where applicable, key recommendations for further remedial / inspection works will be communicated to the asset for action
• Support projects as requested to provide input into survey scopes, specifications and standards for new pipelines
• Provide input into the equipment and specifications required from the contractor (through procurement) to ensure data is obtained in the appropriate manner
• Responsible for the tools used to store data and analysis, quality control of all data and assessments as well as identification for specialized subcontractors where possible
• Providing input into the yearly budgets
• Writing summary reports for all survey work and developing a set standard
• Providing support as required to the asset for notifications and applications to external bodies
• Highlighting any discrepancies/anomalies and classification of the various types of anomalies and proposing an action plan for approval by others
• Keeping up to date of regulations and developments in the pipeline inspection industry relevant to professional offshore applications
• Will be able to perform basic calculations and analysis for pipelines, ensuring correct quality control measures throughout. However they will also be responsible for identifying and managing any analysis which require external subcontractor scopes
Function demands maritime vacancy Pipeline Inspection Engineer
• Degree in Engineering with 10+ years’ experience and significant operations involvement
• Experience of pipeline analysis, particularly inspection and calculations / design
• In depth knowledge of relevant pipeline engineering standards, particularly in reference to survey and inspection requirements
• Knowledge of rules and regulations of the UKCS, NCS and NLCS
• Fluent in English
Working conditions maritime vacancy Pipeline Inspection Engineer
Further details will be discussed in a face-to-face interview.
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
The history of Oceanwide dates back to 1976 when the first office was established in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. Throughout the years, Oceanwide has been recognized as a worldwide supplier of qualified maritime and offshore personnel.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen and Den Helder, Latvia, St. Petersburg and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, New Orleans and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Mevrouw K. Meissner
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671727
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs