Operations Support Engineer
Region: Den Helder
Sector: Oil & Gas, Office
Function description maritime vacancy Operations Support Engineer
Oceanwide is looking for an Operations Support Engineer.
You will providing technical support from shore to the asset west cluster, such that technical offshore works can be carried out on time, safely and efficiently. The operations support engineer reports into the operations support team lead.
- complying with the applicable legislation and regulations regarding health and safety, the environment, the mining act; and the procedures and regulations in the operations manual
- Localizing errors and their causes, as informed by the input of technical colleagues/contractors offshore
- Establishing whether or not colleagues from other specialties need to be called in
- Evaluating the nature and scope of errors and determining whether immediate repair is necessary or possible
- Having emergency repairs carried out
- Writing up working schedules, material requirements, necessary third-party specialist assistance, etc., for works to be performed
- Collating drawings, schedules and documentation; ascertaining which licenses are needed
- Ordering materials and services via the purchasing department, within the set competencies for the job, or otherwise after obtaining supervisor’s approval; reserving materials from store
- Preparing for, organizing and coordinating the legal inspections and technical works
- Elaborating proposals on alternative solutions for performance of works
- Guiding contractors and/or external specialists
- Taking part in work meetings and discussing any discrepancies/anomalies
- Flagging up any actual discrepancies in planning and activities or those likely to occur; making proposals to correct these
- Providing support during problems and resolving them where they cannot be resolved by offshore staff
- Keeping documentation and the stock of drawings and schedules up to date, and having them amended
- Keeping the maintenance system current and generating the work orders
- Carrying out invoice controls and asking for them to be signed off
- Writing reports for the supervisor
- Evaluating the state of repair from the data provided in inspection lists, and noting findings; initiating follow-ups
- Analysing errors, including process disruptions
- Making proposals to improve the maintenance schedule and technical installations
- There is a requirement to work cross functionally and interface with all geographical areas within the company
Function demands maritime vacancy Operations Support Engineer
- Intermediate vocational education in electrical, instrumentation, construction and/or mechanical engineering
- High school diploma, MBO3+ education preferred
- 1-3 Years of relevant mechanical experience
- Comfortable in a on-the-job training and coaching environment
- Solid stakeholder management skills
- Able to work under pressure of deadlines
- Service-oriented and problem-solving can do attitude
- Able to work both in a team and autonomously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, email, and web-based applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Dutch and English
- Offshore travels on occasional basis must be expected
Oceanwide is an international provider ofdiversified manpower and HR services focused mainly on the Maritime andOffshore / Energy industries.
The history of Oceanwide dates backto 1976 when the first office was established in Vlissingen, the Netherlands.Throughout the years, Oceanwide has been recognized as a worldwide supplier ofqualified maritime and offshore personnel.
Oceanwide works out oftwo regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands,Vlissingen and Den Helder, Latvia, and Cyprus and in the USA regionwe have offices in Houston, New Orleans and Ciudad del Carmen. We alsohave a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwideactivities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide firstclass service to all of our clients.
Our services include all steps ofinternational manpower services specified for the dedicated business sector.See the services page for detailed information.
Maritime crew, offshore staff andtechnical personnel are trained and certified according to internationalstandards such as ISO, CMO + MLC, IMCA, and STCW.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Scott Hordijk
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services B.V.
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671712
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs