Sector: Production, Oil & Gas
Function description maritime vacancy Operations Manager
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Provides leadership and direction to the operations teams, manages offshore and onshore operations and maintenance, relating to offshore operated fixed platforms, surface vessels or subsea installations owned and operated by the Company, onshore production plant, underground gas storages and network of pipelines. Ensures the safe and environmentally acceptable delivery of the operations Business Plan.
• As member of the country Management Team, helps to set strategy and address business risk and works closely with other heads of departments
• Member of procurement board and strategic steering committees
• Ensures the integrity of wells, facilities and installations by maintaining an effective organisation structure and ensuring technically robust and regulatory compliant operations procedures and systems are in place.
• Ensures departmental cooperation with the technical team(s) and business support functions
• Client representative for cross industry operational work groups through e.g. membership of industry forums, attending conferences/seminars.
• Provides leadership and direction to the operations department, ensures the department is appropriately resourced and that the skills and expertise of the department are developed to support the delivery of the business objectives. Prime responsible for delivering the production targets.
• Prepares and manages the OPEX and Operational CAPEX budget and ensures compliance with budget management, control and reporting processes. Provides input to the preparation of other associated budgets e.g. projects.
• Develops positive relationships and effective communication links with Governmental departments, regulatory organisations and key customers and suppliers.
• Ensures activities are prioritised effectively and that the team delivers results in line with operational plans and timescales and achieves the highest HSE standards. Develops a high level of responsibility and ownership within the team and ensures highly effective interfaces are developed and maintained with relevant parties (incl. contractors and suppliers) – internally and externally.
• Ensures an effective management system is in place in re relation to the management of key contractors.
• Provides a professional level of technical support and guidance to the operations department and promotes continuous improvement in the development of technical expertise, commercial astuteness and innovative thinking both within the department and across the Company.
• Functional responsibility for departmental section(s) of the client's Management System.
• As a member of the Emergency Response Primary Team, ensures a high standard of response is provided in relation to the management of emergencies and incidents.
• Leads HSE cultural improvement and promotes process safety awareness and compliance to client’s HSE Policy.
• Leads a culture of Operational Excellence throughout the whole team and promotes the concept throughout the organization
• Responsible for ensuring detailed business reporting indicators are accurate and presented in the appropriate forums
Function demands maritime vacancy Operations Manager
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
• MSc in engineering/technical discipline
• Significant experience in a senior/management technical role within the oil and gas/energy industry
• Proven track record of successfully leading/managing multi-discipline technical teams
• Sound knowledge of Dutch fiscal regime, North Sea agreements, oil and gas economics and production operations
• Strategic HSSE leader with sound knowledge of HSSE principles, processes and requirements
• High level of commercial awareness and considerable knowledge of cost control principles
• Up to date knowledge of technological developments, industry initiatives, etc.
• Proven relationship-builder at a senior level – internally and externally
• Experience of working in an Operator environment and in mature asset operations
• Experience with midstream operations and gas infrastructure
• Willingness to travel offshore
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to plan and manage resources to deliver results
• Excellent communication skills
• High level of professional and personal credibility - internally and externally
The success off our client depends on the engagement and passion of our people. Although their organization is large and global, they work locally with short reporting lines in an open and informal culture.
They strive for diversity when attracting talent to our organization and give your personal development our full attention.
There are plenty of career options both in the Netherlands and internationally
Working conditions maritime vacancy Operations Manager
An excellent opportunity to start working in an energetic team with high ambitions. Good remunerations and nice work location, starting with a one year contract that will be followed by a contract with indefinite duration.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Mevrouw Kristy Meissner
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671727
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs