Operations HSE Technician
Region: Den haag
Sector: Office, Oil & Gas, O&G Production, Oil & Gas
Function description maritime vacancy Operations HSE Technician
Oceanwide is looking to hire an HSE technician for the Operations department who will interact closely with the HSEQ department. The main challenge of this role is to coordinate the execution of HSE activities in accordance with defined HSE programs and guidelines. The successful candidate will coach offshore personnel and Operations department personnel in HSE related activities and create/expand the HSE awareness within the organization. You will promote safe execution of work procedures, participate in risk assessments, have close contact with vendors and contractors to assist with CHESM audits. You will be required to travel to offshore platforms on a regular basis (this may be up to 3 days a week).
Key job responsibilities:
- Provide, innovate and recommend HSE work procedures and tools, in close consultation with relevant stakeholders, in order to optimize and HSE performance within the Operations department
- Support HSE/CHESM contractor audits, in order to monitor current status of HSE practice and awareness and contractor performance
- Support and train the workforce on HSE related activities in order to share knowledge and create awareness for HSE
- Deliver workplan instruction for contractors and review of executed work in order to ensure proper implementation of HSE procedures
- Support HSEQ Manager with advice on functional resource needs in order to ensure sufficient and proper capacity for HSE activities
- Provide quality and provide improvement suggestions for HSEQ Management System in order to improve accuracy of data in the system and HSE performance
- Travel to offshore platforms on a regular basis
Function demands maritime vacancy Operations HSE Technician
- Minimum 3-5 years HSEQ preferably in the offshore oil and gas industry
- Minimum EVQ technical level 4 / MBO+
- Understanding of Health, Safety and Environment and government procedures and regulations related to offshore oil and gas operations
- Working knowledge on Process Safety and Occupational Safety
Skills & Competencies Required
- Self-starter/ able to work independently
- Willing to regularly travel offshore
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with pragmatic approach
- Able to both engage and influence others
- Able to perform whilst taking into consideration all stakeholder requirements
- Fluent in Dutch and English language (verbal and written)
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower and HR services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
The history of Oceanwide dates back to 1976 when the first office was established in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. Throughout the years, Oceanwide has been recognized as a worldwide supplier of qualified maritime and offshore personnel.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen and Den Helder, Latvia, and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, New Orleans and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Our services include all steps of international manpower services specified for the dedicated business sector. See the services page for detailed information.
Maritime crew, offshore staff and technical personnel are trained and certified according to international standards such as ISO, CMO + MLC, IMCA, and STCW.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- De heer S.D. Hordijk
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services B.V.
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671712
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs