Operational Safety Advisor
Sector: Oil & Gas, Office
Function description maritime vacancy Operational Safety Advisor
This position exists to ensure that NL Operations comply with all relevant international and national government Health and Safety legislation and regulation. The operational safety adivor assures implementation of CE E&P policies, standards and procedures; supports and monitors HSE implementation within the UK/NL organization. You as operational safety advisor also advises all CE E&P NL personnel about HSE-relatedoperational and other risks.
- Assure the implementation of CE E&P Healthand Safety programs, perform risk assessments, identify future improvements and share best practices
- Support internal HSE training, communication programs and procedures, establish efficient evaluation processes, and monitor and analyze NL’s HS effectiveness.
- Establish HS Key Performance Indicators and dashboard to monitor, track and report on HSE effectiveness, to support (functional & local) management decision-making, minimize HSE risk and help to raiseHSE awareness throughout the company and with contractors and third-party employees
- Conduct internal onshore and offshore HSE audits and inspections and support audits of contractors and third-parties toassure HSE compliance. Support external HSE audits. Collate risk assessment and audit results, analyse trends and report outcomes, conclusions and recommendations. Advise on appropriate actions and monitor implementation ofrequired actions, in order to reduce risks and ensure conformance with allrelevant certifications and verifications, including ISO14001 and OHSAS18001
- Implementing the integrated HSE Management System and Standards across Operations ensuring commonality of approach andcompliance
- Providing effective coaching, mentoring andtechnical advice to both line managers and HSE professionals and developing the HSE culture of personnel & contractors working across the NL assets. (e.g.contribute to the HSE Conference)
- Supports planning for future effective capability, competence, and succession management to ensure that H&S operational capability is built for our future success
- Managing their budget and the delivery of outputs and costs, considering all proposals in terms of cost, benefit and risk, and utilizing resources to best effect
- Ensuring the appropriate level of incident investigation and lead or participate in incident investigations, where necessary. Monitor implementation or corrective action and report exceptions
- Support the implementation of the functional agenda within the UK/NL operated asset
- Ensuring that (offshore) security provisionsare adequate
Function demands maritime vacancy Operational Safety Advisor
- Bachelors or Masters in related engineering discipline
- Professional HSE Qualification (HVK,MoSHE)
- Familiar with current (UK/NL) HSE legislation relating to the oil and gas industry
- At least 6-8 years as HSE Professional
- Knowledge of the Dutch language, written and spoken
- Experience in risk management within relevant oil/ gas/ petroleum operator or other major hazard operation
- Sound understanding of the impact of policy decisions on the safety level of operational assets
- Broad experience in HSE management systems, emergency response, auditing, training, behavioral observation and risk assessment techniques
- Training and mentoring skills
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- In-depth understanding of the oil and gas industry
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower and HR services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries. The history of Oceanwide dates back to 1976 when the first office was established in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. Throughout the years, Oceanwide has been recognized as a worldwide supplier of qualified maritime and offshore personnel. Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen and Den Helder, Latvia, and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, New Orleans and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Our services include all steps of international manpower services specified for the dedicated business sector. See the services page for detailed information. Maritime crew, offshore staff and technical personnel are trained and certified according to international standards such as ISO, CMO + MLC, IMCA, and STCW
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Tess Tamis
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services B.V.
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671727
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs