Region: USA, Gulf of Mexico
Sector: Maritime, Offshore support vessel
Function description maritime vacancy Offshore Rigger
Oceanwide is looking for several Offshore Riggers
Rotation: N/A - Several hitches confirmed for 2020
Project location: Gulf of Mexico
Crewchange location: Port Fourchon, Louisiana
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Works as a rigger and forklift driver for loading boats/ unloading for launch operations.
- Responsible for handling lines and cables in order to tie/untie crane rigs to and from barges/ vessels
- Responsible for providing directional signals to crane operators (Flagging)
- Responsible for lubrication of crane buckets
- Assist in the process of drafting barges
- Open/Closing barge covers; both lift and roll top covers
- General rigging and shifting of barges
- Sweep and clean decks, barges, and ship holds and ensure proper housekeeping standards
- Clear all walking areas of trip hazards and dangerous materials
- Clean excess oil/grease from equipment and work area
- Fuel Equipment and Crane as necessary
- Work with hand tools (shovels, sledgehammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc)
- Painting/Needle gunning and general upkeep of the crane rig
- Clean and maintain crane shack/quarters.
- Report ALL incidents through company's reporting protocol
- Support company safety initiatives
- Demonstration of knowledge of all required competencies
- Perform other duties as required by deckforeman or captain
- Inspect cables and various rigging components of the crane deck
- Obeys and follows all safety rules and policies.
- Wears all appropriate safety equipment (PPE).
- Attaches loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools.
- Attaches pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings and gin pole booms using appropriate bolts and clamps.
- Controls the movement of heavy equipment or material through narrow openings or confined spaces.
- Dismantles and stores rigging equipment after use.
- Manipulates rigging lines, hoists and pulling gear to move or support equipment or materials.
- Signals or verbally directs individuals engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and materials.
- Routinely tests rigging equipment to ensure safety and reliability.
- Assists welders or fitters in grinding, leveling and preparing materials to be installed.
- Fire watches when required.
- Maintains clean working areas and practices good housekeeping; clean and return tools and equipment to proper place after use.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Foreman/Supervisor/Superintendent.
Function demands maritime vacancy Offshore Rigger
To be considered for the position please note that we will require the following certificates:
- At least 1 year Offshore rigging experience required.
- Rigger Training API RP2D Rope Transfer
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS DRUG SCREENING & PHYSICAL
- Valid US work permit
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower & HR services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen, Den Helder and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, Houma and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Our services include all steps of international manpower & HR services specified for the dedicated business sector. See the services page for detailed information.
Maritime crew, offshore staff and technical personnel are trained and certified according to international standards such as ISO, CMO + MLC, IMCA, and STCW.
Oceanwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Marissa Rogers
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +1 (985) 746 - 5705
- 1340 W Tunnel Blvd
- LA 70360
- Houma, USA
Check out our other jobs