Region: Louisiana, USA
Sector: Maritime, Offshore support vessel
Function description maritime vacancy Offshore Deckhand
Oceanwide Americas is looking for several Offshore Deckhands
Rotation: 28 days on / 28 days off
Project location: Gulf of Mexico
Crewchange location: Galliano, Louisiana
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Performs vessel routine maintenance per instruction of the Captains
- Works as a rigger and forklift driver for loading boats/ unloading for launch operations.
- Responsible for handling lines and cables in order to tie/untie crane rigs to and from barges/ vessels
- May perform minor maintenance on equipment and other machinery
- Responsible for providing directional signals to crane operators (Flagging)
- Responsible for lubrication of crane buckets
- Assist in the process of drafting barges
- Open/Closing barge covers; both lift and roll top covers
- General rigging and shifting of barges
- Sweep and clean decks, barges, and ship holds and ensure proper housekeeping standards
- Clear all walking areas of trip hazards and dangerous materials
- Clean excess oil/grease from equipment and work area
- Fuel Equipment and Crane as necessary
- Work with hand tools (shovels, sledgehammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc)
- Painting/Needle gunning and general upkeep of the crane rig
- Clean and maintain crane shack/quarters.
- Report ALL incidents through company's reporting protocol
- Support company safety initiatives
- Demonstration of knowledge of all required competencies
- Perform other duties as required by deckforeman or captain
- Inspect cables and various rigging components of the crane deck
Function demands maritime vacancy Offshore Deckhand
To be considered for the position please note that we will require the following certificates:
- Merchant Mariner Credential - Ordinary Seaman
- Merchant Mariner Medical Certification
- OPITO approved BOSIET incl. HUET (Preferred)
- Valid US work permit
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower & HR services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen, Den Helder and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, Houma and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Our services include all steps of international manpower & HR services specified for the dedicated business sector. See the services page for detailed information.
Maritime crew, offshore staff and technical personnel are trained and certified according to international standards such as ISO, CMO + MLC, IMCA, and STCW.
Oceanwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Charell Portier
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +1 (832) 328 7001
- 11767 Katy Freeway, Suite 400
- Houston, Texas - USA
Check out our other jobs