Motorman / Wiper
Region: USA, Gulf of Mexico
Sector: Maritime, Offshore support vessel
Function description maritime vacancy Motorman / Wiper
Oceanwide America is hiring for a Wiper / Motorman.
Startdate: 9th of April 2020
Rotation: 28 days on / 28 days off
Crewchange Location: Galliano, Louisiana
The Motorman / Wiper carries out daily routine maintenance, lubrication and inspections on machinery and equipment. General duties as directed and instructed by supervisor.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Carryout routine maintenance and minor repairs on the engine room equipment and machinery as directed
- Check and record lubricating oil level readings, topping up as required
- Monitor all engine room systems for leaks and anomalies reporting defects immediately
- Maintain the engine room, workshops and associated spaces in a clean, tidy and hazard free condition at all times
- Daily gauging and filling up diesel fuel on relevant equipment
- Maintain an accurate inventory of lube oil and mechanical consumables on board
- Assist with repairs to mechanical equipment as instructed and directed
- Ensure that all fuel and oil transfers are carried out as per company policy and procedures
- Perform regular rounds of all areas of responsibility
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Other duties as assigned
Function demands maritime vacancy Motorman / Wiper
To be considered for the position please note that we will require the following certificates:
- USCG Merchant Mariners Credential (MMC)
- Transport Workers ID Credential (TWIC)
- Merchant Mariner Medical
- Water Survival / HUET
- Safegulf - Rigger Safety
- STCW – 95 Basic Training
- VPDSD (Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties)
- Valid US Work permit
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower & HR services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen, Den Helder and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, Houma and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Our services include all steps of international manpower & HR services specified for the dedicated business sector. See the services page for detailed information.
Maritime crew, offshore staff and technical personnel are trained and certified according to international standards such as ISO, CMO + MLC, IMCA, and STCW.
Oceanwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Marissa Rogers
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +1 (985) 746 - 5705
- 1340 W Tunnel Blvd
- LA 70360
- Houma, USA
Check out our other jobs