Region: Den Helder
Sector: Oil & Gas, Production
Function description maritime vacancy Mechanical Engineer
As Mechanical Engineer you will be receiving information on projects (new or existing) from the engineering manager and/or maintenance and integrity manager.
From this stage you will be responsible for:
• evaluating the feasibility of product designs in mechanical terms (process lines, transport lines, drums, pumps, etc.); reaching agreement with other departments concerned and determining solution (drafting designs)
• establishing the bottlenecks and associated requirements in terms of construction designs and equipment to be procured
• developing and elaborating ideas regarding the approach to be taken; advising the supervisor on whether to carry out engineering tasks (or have them carried out) in-house or to partly or fully outsource them
• drawing up and explaining the technical specifications for suppliers or potential suppliers
• evaluating tender bids in terms of materials to be purchased
• ensuring the process schematics (including for process flow) are worked out
• drafting specifications, project implementation plan and preparing installation drawings and sketches
• studying third parties’ technical specifications, testing them for conformity to the mechanical specifications and requirements in place
• checking proposed plant changes in mechanical terms; testing them for conformity to mechanical specifications and requirements in place
• providing guidance to the outsourced engineering tasks, checking the drawings and specifications delivered
• carrying out testing programmes for installations and equipment; evaluating the findings
• evaluating installations and equipment for conformity to the specifications, legislation and regulations in place
• checking the drawings, documentation and certification
• holding end-of-project meetings with suppliers regarding tasks remaining; supervising the follow-up
• ensuring approval/acceptance by government bodies of the commissioning of offshore installations
• guiding through the commissioning of installations and equipment
• evaluating the proposed changes in mechanical terms; indicating any amendments that are needed
• advising the supervisor and the user organisation regarding new developments in mechanical installations and equipment (and how to apply such)
• keeping abreast of developments in mechanical domains
• receiving technical queries and problem reports via the production, operations support and construction departments.
• analysing the question/problematics of the circumstances and situation; determining the cause of anomalies
• deciding on additional techniques to use
• evaluating the necessary modifications to installations and giving notice of such; ensuring a structural solution
• evaluating the result of adaptations carried out, to ensure that they meet the aims set
• analysing the mechanical prerequisites of new projects
• evaluating conceptual designs for feasibility, maintainability and operation
• checking and supplementing the material descriptions in Logis
• taking ownership of technical norms and specifications
Function demands maritime vacancy Mechanical Engineer
- Relevant BSc degree (mechanical engineering)
- Typically a minimum of 5 year experience from a relevant field/ disciplines
- Requires deep knowledge of the specialist area, the E&P business and Oil & Gas industry.
- There is a requirement to work cross functionally and interface with all geographical areas within the company
- Offshore travels must be expected.
- To work and communicate effectively with colleagues, partners and all other stakeholders.
- Respecting the knowledge and experience of others, sharing information and building effective relationships.
- To strive for excellence, being energetic, resilient and passionate, taking personal responsibility for performance and delivering results
- Ability to analyse multiple sources of data, make connections & create high quality solutions, prioritizing the key issues & consequences
- Residence in the Netherlands
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified on HR / Manpower services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
The history of Oceanwide dates back to 1976 when the first office was established in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. Throughout the years, Oceanwide has been recognized as a worldwide supplier of qualified maritime and offshore personnel.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen and Den Helder, Latvia, St. Petersburg and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, New Orleans and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Working conditions maritime vacancy Mechanical Engineer
• A stable & good remuneration and employment benefits
• A long term contract
• Further details will be discussed in a face-to-face interview
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Mevrouw Kristy Meissner
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671727
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs