Maritime Operations Manager
Region: Houston, TX
Sector: Office, Oil & Gas
Function description maritime vacancy Maritime Operations Manager
Join our team in Houston (TX) as Maritime Operations Manager. Your main goal is to realize long term and profitable relationships with existing and new clients and candidates. You will lead team of recruiters and assistants in recruiting and placements of candidates.
Your key tasks will be to:
- Coordinate the operations of maritime projects;
- Contact known and new clients for business proposals or operational issues;
- Visit clients, projects and vessels when needed;
- Coordinate recruitment for the projects;
- Coordinate logistics and planning for the projects;
- Ensure safety compliance of the employees at work. Oversee Health, Safety and Environmental requirements for the company;
- Ensure HR compliance of the employees at work incl. visa, DISA, IsNetworld etc.;
- In coordination with others assist on preparing sales bids, respond to inside sales calls and coordinate proposals;
- Provide day to day direction and guidance to Recruiter(s) and HR assistant(s);
- Coordinate between operations and finance department on payroll of staff, invoicing of clients etc.;
- Maintain a good view of the market and new developments in the sector;
- Discuss wages and commitment with candidates;
- Handle contractual matters with clients and candidates;
- Maintain candidate database and contribute to recruitment, to be able to make the right combination between sales and deployment staff;
- Maintain and expand the relationship network;
- Use of social media;
- Participate in trade fairs and network events to increase brand awareness, network expansion and customer acquisition;
- Ensure that the organization continuously meets modern requirements;
- Increase brand awareness through participation in fairs, events etc.;
- Increase the market knowledge by following courses, seminars, etc.;
- Identify client specific HSE requirements and discuss this with employees;
- Expand and maintain the relationship network through active participation in network opportunities;
- Keep knowledge of relevant legislation up to date.
Function demands maritime vacancy Maritime Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s degree (Maritime, Business Administration or comparable);
- At least three years of relevant working experience in a leading recruitment, staffing or crewing position;
- Relevant network in the Maritime / Offshore industry;
- Knowledge of the labor market and recruitment techniques;
- Knowledge of Maritime laws such as STCW, MLC and US maritime licenses;
- Knowledge of MS Office, Social media, working with CRM systems;
- Bilingual English, Spanish is an advantage;
- Willingness to work in a 24/7 environment;
- Willing to travel/ to work in Houma, Louisiana for a few days at the time.
Oceanwide is specialized in the recruitment and employment of Maritime, Construction, Oil & Gas and Wind Energy employees for various positions in the offshore industries.
Oceanwide America is an EOE Employer.
Please note that an assessment test will be part of the application process.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Shannine Brandes
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- Bellamypark 3
- 4381 CG
Check out our other jobs