Lead Electrical Engineer
Sector: Shipbuilding, Maritime Technology
Function description maritime vacancy Lead Electrical Engineer
As the Lead Electrical Engineer (Installation/Power Systems), you will coordinate electrical engineering work relating to electrical installation systems or power systems for newly-built dredging and offshore vessels. You will take final responsibility for the engineering of the systems on board vessels. Your main role will broadly involve translating customer needs into technical specifications, and you will provide advice on what you consider to be the best working methods, as well as technical support. In addition, you will work according to the ISO 9001 process flow and be technically responsible for the basic and detailed engineering. During the production, installation and commissioning phases, you will remain responsible for the systems you have designed, and offer technical leadership to engineers within the project team. This also means having close contact with your colleagues in the Automation, Shipbuilding and Mechanical engineering departments. You will also be the first point of contact for queries from customers, suppliers and colleagues, and continually coordinate the progress of the project with the Project Manager
Function demands maritime vacancy Lead Electrical Engineer
- a university or technical education (HBO) in electrical engineering
- several years of experience in a similar role
- technical knowledge of installation or power systems on board vessels
- experience in the shipping and/or offshore industries
- an excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills preferable
- knowledge of standards, safety regulations, and quality and approval guidelines
- enjoy working as part of a team
- a practical and goal-oriented attitude
- a quality- and results-oriented attitude
- the ability to take the initiative
- be keen to work in an organisation that is undergoing rapid growth
- only candidates with EU work visa (residents) will be considered as viable candidates.
an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Our client designs, builds and maintains innovative equipment and vessels, working from sea level to ocean floor, for maritime service providers in the offshore, dredging and mining industries.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Jaco Flokstra
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +31 118 42 90 00
- Bellamypark 3
- 4381 CG
Check out our other jobs