Sector: Oil & Gas, Office
Function description maritime vacancy HSE Advisor
Oceanwide has an excellent opportunity for an HSE Advisor based either in Amsterdam or Waalwijk.
In this role the candidate will support the HSE Manager regarding compliance with Corporate HSE Policy, HSE rules and regulations, industry standards and the company’s goals and objectives in the Netherlands. Being a member of the NBU HSE team, the HSE Advisor will support development, implementation, improvement and administration of HSE programs. He/she will support ensuring the required quality level of HSE programs for operations and production staff. He/she is able to be delegate for the HSE Manager during his absence.
- HSE: Maintain a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible workplace
- Planning, implementation, administration and follow-up of actions of safety and environment programs, in particular for operations/projects/production in the assigned region, but incidentally for the other region/specific projects as well
- Review, interpret and advice management on complex safety problems
- Planning, scheduling and arranging own activities in accomplishing objectives
- Mature professional judgment in planning and performing assignments
- HSE support regarding modifications and maintenance of existing installations
- Environmental compliance/reporting/support
- Support on development/improvement of HSE management system processes.
- Organization, participation and reporting of assigned internal and contractor HSE audits and inspections
- Taking place in the emergency response organization (including coordination, when required)
- Organization, participation and reporting of assigned incident/near-miss investigations
- Liaising with Operations/Maintenance/Engineering/Well Services/Drilling on required training programs and follow-up
- Review of and advise on contractor/project HSE documentation
- Support to HSE campaigns, HSE Induction, HSE culture improvement programs, or other HSE related tasks as assigned by the HSE Manager
- Participation in risk assessment meetings (including HAZIDs, HAZOPs, JSA’s), HSE worksite meetings, team meetings, project meetings, toolbox talks, NOGEPA workgroups (when required)
Function demands maritime vacancy HSE Advisor
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in an industrial (preferably oil & gas) environment, of which at least 8 years in the HSE discipline
- Must be fluent in English; Dutch is an advantage
- Broad practical experience in several functions is beneficial
- Good understanding of gas operations, and preferably also drilling and well services/workovers
- Has participated in emergency response exercises
- Experience with risk assessments, such as in HAZID’s, HAZOP’s, JSA’s
- Experience with Management of Change (MOC) processes
- Good experience with HSE/QA audits/inspections, including reporting
- Experience with incident investigations and reporting
- Understanding of Dutch oil and gas rules, regulations and compliance assurance principles
- Understanding of the current energy climate in the Netherlands and the role of oil and gas operators in the energy transition process
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills
- Strong Communication Skills both written and verbal
- Must hold a valid VCA-VOL certificate
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower and HR services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
The history of Oceanwide dates back to 1976 when the first office was established in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. Throughout the years, Oceanwide has been recognized as a worldwide supplier of qualified maritime and offshore personnel.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen and Den Helder, Latvia, and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, New Orleans and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Our services include all steps of international manpower services specified for the dedicated business sector. See the services page for detailed information.
Maritime crew, offshore staff and technical personnel are trained and certified according to international standards such as ISO, CMO + MLC, IMCA, and STCW.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- De heer S.D. Hordijk
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services B.V.
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671712
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs