Region: Houston, TX
Sector: Maritime, Office
Function description maritime vacancy HR Assistant
Join our team in Houston (TX) as HR Assistant. Your main goal is to organize the HR administration and support the operational process so that vacancies are fulfilled successfully and Oceanwide clients are served in the best way.
Your key tasks will be to:
- Handle onboarding of employees including the coordination of drug and alcohol screening, background checks, contract signing, federal and state forms, I-9, e-verify etc;
- Process hiring-related paperwork;
- Document verification, processing and data entry;
- Assist with day to day administrative functions of office as directed by the Management;
- Maintain Applicant Flow Roster;
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using Bullhorn or another CRM;
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions;
- Schedule and conducts new employee orientations;
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voicemail systems, and personal computers;
- Prepare reports, documents etc. using Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages;
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer;
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information;
- Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail;
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities;
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports;
- Type, format, proofread, and edit correspondence and other documents;
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests;
- Prepare meetings when requested by management;
- Any other duties as assigned;
- Abide to QHSE regulations according to governmental, clients and Oceanwide’s standard.
Function demands maritime vacancy HR Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management;
- Relevant 3 years’ experience in HR administration;
- Knowledge of the labor market legislation;
- General knowledge of HR standards and benefits;
- Knowledge of MS Office;
- Bilingual English, Spanish is an advantage;
- Willingness to work in a 24/7 environment;
- Maritime / Oil & Gas in an advantage.
Oceanwide is specialized in the recruitment and employment of Maritime, Construction, Oil & Gas and Wind Energy employees for various positions in the offshore industries.
Oceanwide America is an EOE Employer.
Please note that an assessment test will be part of the application process.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Shannine Brandes
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +31 118 429 520
- Bellamypark 3
- 4381 CG
Check out our other jobs