Global Technical Safety Engineer
Region: Den Helder
Sector: Oil & Gas, Office
Function description maritime vacancy Global Technical Safety Engineer
The Global Technical Safety Engineer is the most senior authority in his discipline, sharing knowledge of, and experience with, Technical Safety Engineering in its broadest form with the HSEQ,
Assets and Technical organizations worldwide. The Global Technical Safety Engineer shall proactively identify Safety Engineering issues/problems to be addressed and identify solutions through close collaboration with other disciplines.
The Global Technical Safety Engineer shall advise relevant departments of requirements to comply with legislation, corporate/group standards & guidance and advice regarding specifications, terms of reference and scopes of work for relevant safety engineering studies.
The job demands advanced knowledge in a technical/ professional discipline, which is applied in analysis and resolution of problems and provision of specialist advice to the organization.
This is the senior level of work and the candidate is expected to have very deep and broad knowledge applied to solving highly complex issues
- The candidate is expected to establish best practices, improve existing or develop new procedures / processes and methods of work within own discipline
- The candidate is expected to identify issues and propose solutions to both internal and external stakeholders
Main duties & responsibilities
- Provide technical and operational expertise to the engineering and construction organization on technical safety systems and equipment
- Provide technical HSE requirements and supporting studies relating to facility design over the lifecycle of a project as key inputs to the relevant development stages (e.g. HSE plan, Hazard Identification Studies, Hazard Operability Studies, HSE Performance criteria, Quantitative Risk Assessment, Safety Critical Element identification and performance standards)
- Managing safety risks in the delivery of technical projects
- Global process owner of relevant safety engineering standards
- Provide guidance, development and lateral learning to other Technical Safety Engineers and Industrial Safety Coordinators
- Lead and manage specialist Technical Safety Engineering Contractors, including work planning and prioritization, QA, and budgetary control
- Participate in Reviews and Audits in order to facilitate lateral learning and ensure that gaps in the systems are addressed
- Developing ALARP demonstrations for Technical/Process Safety risks and developing HSE Cases
- Carrying out appropriate discipline and inter discipline checks and reviews of engineering and design work
- Assessing the causes and learning’s from Process Safety incidents to determine appropriate actions and the need for lateral learning
- Ensure that all relevant governance is in full compliance with applicable regulations
Function demands maritime vacancy Global Technical Safety Engineer
- Possesses an University degree in Engineering / industrial sciences (MSc required)
- Minimum 10-15 year experience in production or engineering of oil and gas facilities, including a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Technical Safety Engineering
- Able to facilitate Technical safety Engineering workshops. These may include HAZID, Bow-Ties,
- ALARP, SIMOPs, etc. Knowledge of HAZOP and SIL classification
- Experience with project Technical Safety management implementation.
- Strong HSEQ culture
- Is an efficient self-starter with an ability to work alone and as part of a team, prioritize tasks, and deliver against deadlines
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Skills in initiating and managing projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving (pro-active) ability
- Requires highly developed communication skills to present complicated issues in an understandable way, and to influence others to ensure compliance
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both written and verbal skills. Dutch is an advantage
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified on HR / Manpower services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
The history of Oceanwide dates back to 1976 when the first office was established in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. Throughout the years, Oceanwide has been recognized as a worldwide supplier of qualified maritime and offshore personnel.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen and Den Helder, Latvia, St. Petersburg and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, New Orleans and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Working conditions maritime vacancy Global Technical Safety Engineer
- A stable & good remuneration and employment benefits
- A long term contract
- Further details will be discussed in a face-to-face interview
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Mevrouw Kristy Meissner
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671727
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs