Region: USA - Louisiana
Sector: Oil & Gas, Construction
Function description maritime vacancy Fitter
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Obeys and follows all safety rules and policies.
- Wears all appropriate safety equipment (PPE).
- Aligns parts, using jack, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars and hammer.
- Marks reference points onto floor or face block and transposes them to workpiece using measuring devices, squares, chalk and soapstone.
- Gives directions to welder to build up low spots or short pieces with weld.
- Straightens warped or bent parts using sledge, hand torch, straightening press or bulldozer.
- Removes high spots and cuts bevels using hand files, portable grinders and cutting torch.
- Examines blueprints and plans sequence of operation, applying knowledge of geometry, effects of heat, weld shrinkage, machining and metal thickness.
- Tack welds fitted parts together.
- Positions or tightens braces, jacks, clamps, ropes, bolt straps or bolts parts in positions for welding.
- Assembles and secure pipes, tubes, fittings and related equipment according to specifications by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering and threading joints.
- Puts all information on the pipe before cutting and transfer all item numbers onto cut sheet and carry over item numbers to drop pipe.
- When fabricating spool sheets, makes sure all numbers are clear and point to the right material and transfer all weld numbers from spool sheets or drawings to pipe approximately two inches from weld so welders can pick up weld numbers for weld mapping.
- Checks measurements to assure they match with drawing and obtain approval from quality control department.
- Inspects, examines and tests installed systems and pipe lines using pressure gauges, hydrostatic testing, observation or other methods.
- Plans pipe system layout, installation or repair according to specifications.
- Reads and understands blue prints and ISO’s.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Foreman/Supervisor/Superintendent.
- At least 1 year of fitting experience in an industrial setting.
- At least 1 year in Shipyard or Construction
Apply for this job »
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Marissa Rogers
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +1 (985) 746 - 5705
- 1340 W Tunnel Blvd
- LA 70360
- Houma, USA
Check out our other jobs