Field Engineer / Project Engineer
Sector: O&G Maintenance, Oil & Gas
Function description maritime vacancy Field Engineer / Project Engineer
The tasks of the Project Engineer / Field Engineer are:
- Ensures deliverables meet the quality objectives of the project and ensures they are completed on schedule, within budget and in compliance with the project execution plan and project procedures.
- Resolves technical queries and recommends alternative solutions to engineering problems in communication with the on shore project team.
- Coordinates and monitors services provided by external suppliers.
- Liaises with platform Supervisors, project engineers, technical staff, operators and client representatives.
- Monitors the effectiveness of all project equipment in use, tests new equipment where it is considered suitable, and ensures all necessary equipment and spare parts are requisitioned and ready for use.
- Keeps register of progress made and ensures frequent status reporting to all stakeholders when requested (Daily Progress Reports).
- Ensures a high standard of project related document control while maintaining a filing system for all project operations.
- Participates in Pre/Post reviews of project execution.
- Attends safety meetings on board and promotes awareness of safe operations.
- Assists Project manager and project team members with scheduling and with project drawings and updates of procedures and methods in various project phases.
Function demands maritime vacancy Field Engineer / Project Engineer
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Marine technology, Civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Maroff or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years of offshore project experience with renewables-, or O&G project execution.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, engineering and project software is preferred (MS Office, AutoCAD experience).
- Good reporting- and document control experience are preferred.
- Familiar with offshore / maritime legislation.
- You have proved planning and organization skills and can deal with ad-hoc priority change.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
(additional German proficiency is a pre)
- You have a hands-on mentality and strong team-player skills adding to your initiative-taking/pragmatic personality.
- You have good communication / report writing skills and an open but result oriented attitude.
You will be part of the Project department/team and primarily allocated to an installation project in the renewable energy industry.
The Project Engineer/Field Engineer is involved in project specific tasks related to project execution as agreed in the project documentation. The Project Engineer/Field Engineer reports to the Project Manager and will be mainly occupied in translating the project plan to successful operational execution and project delivery. He/She works closely with the offshore Supervisors and identifies on-site opportunities ensuring project progress according to plan.
Work location will be both on- and offshore, based on a rotation schedule.
Working conditions maritime vacancy Field Engineer / Project Engineer
The company manages and operates accommodation / multi-support units on behalf of Owners on a worldwide basis.
In addition to providing accommodation, catering and housekeeping services for hook-up and maintenance activities, the fleet is able to support many other oil- and gas-related operations.
These include platform breakdown repairs, structural inspections, electrical power supply, well testing, shallow water drilling, wind turbine installations and pipeline inspection and maintenance.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Mevrouw K. Meissner
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671727
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs