Region: Den Haag
Sector: Office, Oil & Gas
Function description maritime vacancy Contract Advisor
Oceanwide is looking for a Contract Advisor
You will assist in the development and creation of cost-effective and high quality contracts in a timely manner in order to meet the Company timelines, in a professional and ethical manner, minimizing Company’s exposure to commercial and/or contractual risks, and administered in accordance with Company’s procedures and governance
- Contribute to building and maintaining relationships with contractors
- Contribute to the development of strategies for the procurement of Company’s needs through close involvement of personnel of the various stakeholders and any other relevant Company personnel, thereby contributing to cost reduction targets and value creation
Function demands maritime vacancy Contract Advisor
- Perform all obligations regarding health, safety and wellbeing of others and themselves, as well as the environment in which the procurement duties are undertaken
- Ensure that all procurement activities are undertaken in accordance with Company policies, governance, procedures and Industry’s good practice & regulatory requirements. Report any situation, which does not comply with these rules. Specifically ensure the enforcement of defined procurement policies and of supplier relationship principles and associated guidelines and code of conduct
- Maintain market knowledge, perform benchmarking, contract mapping as required
- Manage the procurement process from the expression of the needs (including its review/challenge) to the contract signature
- Lead communication between bidders and Company personnel during all tendering stages, issue, receipt, opening, analyzing, negotiations with bidder’s representatives and signatures/approvals
- In coordination with the stakeholder’s (tender) team, develop Tender Strategies including the Bidders List, the award criteria and associated weighting and scoring mechanisms in compliance with Company procurement policies and decisions. Submit Strategies, when applicable, to the various stakeholders for approval
- Define draft contract with associated commercial criteria and remuneration section
- Perform commercial evaluation and coordinate technical, legal and QHSE evaluation with the stakeholder’s tender team. Negotiate involving appropriate representatives (internal customer, Legal, QHSE etc.). Draft final recommendation to award and when applicable submit to the Steering Committee for approval
- Prepare final contracts for award and execution into IT systems, manage and monitor directly the contract (including, Framework, purchase order/call off, kick off, review meetings, claims etc.)
- Support the stakeholders by maintaining proper administration of the contracts and by handling queries from both suppliers and Company Representatives
Internal and external interfaces
- All relevant personnel related to Projects, Operations, Drilling, etc., Procurement Manager, Contract Specialist, Category Leads, Contractors, Finance, HSEQ, Legal, Logistics, HR, etc
- Required competences/ qualifications /experience /profile
Planning and organizing:
- Able to effectively indicate goals and priorities and the time, actions and resources required to be able to achieve the goals defined
- Team player, able to collaborate with others for a common purpose
- Independence, able to initiate and settle actions without the help of others
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Fluent in the
English and possible local language
- Sufficient knowledge and practical experience in an Oil & Gas contracts and procurement role including pre-qualification, tender process, negotiation of complex technical contracts, commercial evaluation and award, contract management, claims and close-out
- Sufficient knowledge of contract formulation, management and administration of contracts related to offshore projects in the North Sea environment
- Sufficient understanding of contractor remuneration structures and their commercial implications
- Ability to understand and review appropriate contract clauses and terms
- Sufficient procurement skills and a minimum of 5 years practical experience in a comparable procurement role
- Sufficient knowledge of information systems and user of tools and systems to support different activities (Contiki, Office, FPAL, supplier catalogues, etc. as applicable)
- Knowledge of supplier relationship management
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower and HR services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
The history of Oceanwide dates back to 1976 when the first office was established in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. Throughout the years, Oceanwide has been recognized as a worldwide supplier of qualified maritime and offshore personnel.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen and Den Helder, Latvia, and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, New Orleans and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Our services include all steps of international manpower services specified for the dedicated business sector. See the services page for detailed information.
Maritime crew, offshore staff and technical
personnel are trained and certified according to international standards such
as ISO, CMO + MLC, IMCA, and STCW.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- De heer S.D. Hordijk
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services B.V.
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671712
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs