Continuous Improvement Specialist - Borssele 1+2
Sector: Ørsted - Borssele I & II, Wind Energy
Function description maritime vacancy Continuous Improvement Specialist - Borssele 1+2
Would you like to drive continual improvements within operation and maintenance at our offshore wind farms in the Netherlands and in Germany?
Join our client Ørsted and become a Continuous Improvement Specialist in the Continuous Improvement DK/DE/NL department where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for implementing an continuous improvement culture and practice at our operations and maintenance sites in Netherlands, supporting local improvement initiatives and delivering cross-site improvement and standardisation projects.
You will be based at our facilities at the Borssele 1&2 windfarm (in Vlissingen) but with close interaction with the regional cluster in Germany (Norddeich). But regular travel will be needed in relation to your work, including periods of project work based 3-4 days a moth at our offices and wind farm sites elsewhere in Denmark, UK and Germany.
Your key tasks will be to:
- Support implementation of the Operations (lean) Production System through on-site implementation projects at operation and maintenance sites across our portfolio;
- Work directly with the local site management teams and technicians to support the Netherlands operations and maintenance business in building a continuous improvement culture, including providing training, coaching and mentoring in a range of lean and continuous improvement tools and techniques;
- Support the personal development of a network of local improvement champions, including managers, supervisors and technicians from the operations and maintenance teams – located at each site in the regional cluster;
- Lead continuous improvement projects at a site or a
regional cluster of sites, e.g. optimisation of maintenance routines;
- Support the development of training materials as well as lean and continuous improvement tools and techniques underpinning our strategy.
Function demands maritime vacancy Continuous Improvement Specialist - Borssele 1+2
- A master's degree or equivalent qualifications;
- Proven experience in applying well-developed problem-solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical);
- The ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing in English;
- A strong interest in and passion for coaching or mentoring others;
- Significant relevant work experience, including design/execution of lean and/or six-sigma operational improvement projects;
- Residing within a radius of 60 km of Vlissingen.
Moreover, you should have experience of driving business critical projects, facilitating workshops and engaging with stakeholders at all levels from top management to technicians. You have an infectious passion for continuous improvement and as you'll be working remotely from your colleagues in Continuous Improvement, it's essential that you thrive on working independently as well as within international, dynamic and rapidly-changing teams. Moreover, you're a confident self-starter who set your own goals and motivate those around you to help you deliver them. Preferably, you have qualifications in formal improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma combined with knowledge and practical experience of managing operations using formal quality, HSE and asset management systems, including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 55001. Also, relevant experience from offshore wind operation and maintenance will be an advantage.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6000 employees develop, construct and operate offshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and innovative waste-to-energy solutions and provide smart energy products to its customers. Ørsted Wind Power’s 2,200 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit www.orsted.com
Working conditions maritime vacancy Continuous Improvement Specialist - Borssele 1+2
- Start date 1st of August 2019.
- An ultimate chance to have a share in the construction, operations and maintenance of the largest offshore wind farm in the Netherlands;
- Directly contracted by Ørsted;
- Dynamic and insiring work environment.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Madelene Speijkers-de Nood
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Personnel Services B.V.
- Phone number:
- +31 (0)118 429 522
- Bellamypark 3
Check out our other jobs