Commissioning Engineer - Spanish speaking
Sector: Maintenance, Maritime Technology, Office, Maritime Technology
Function description maritime vacancy Commissioning Engineer - Spanish speaking
For our client, a Dutch shipbuilding group with more than thirty operating companies in their home country and abroad, having its head office in Gorinchem, we are looking for an experienced Commissioning Engineer to work in Mexico. The job commences as soon as possible.
The Commissioning Engineer is engaged in the testing of systems and equipment to make sure they function correctly and produce the expected results. The Commissioning Engineer ensures that all aspects of a building or construction project are properly designed, installed, tested and maintained. He performs troubleshooting tasks, monitor progress, perform tests, conduct audits, assist in financial improvements, write reports and assist clients. One of the most important tasks during the commissioning phase of a project is that during tests (HAT, SAT), which are witnessed by the Client, the commissioning engineer shows that the vessel/system performs as agreed in the contract/technical specification.
- Manage smooth commissioning of the project by coordinating between the company and the Contractor;
- Supervise and approve commissioning plans in accordance with project guidelines;
- Review designs and supervise onsite commissioning activities.
- Prepare and maintain commission records of site observations, testing processes and checklists;
- Outline procedures, norms and details for writing the Systems Manual;
- Monitor installation, submittals and usage of engineering tools adhering to project and commissioning guidelines;
- Guide testing processes and motivate specialists to achieve standard results;
- Assist with identification and redressal of commissioning and malfunction issues;
- Track and review progress through meetings;
- Evaluate contractual commissioning statistics and instruction guidelines in accordance with the needs of the project;
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
Function demands maritime vacancy Commissioning Engineer - Spanish speaking
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil Engineering or MAROF;
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience as a Commissioning Engineer for projects of various size and complexity (Shipbuilding industry desired); or a minimum of 5 years experience in operating/maintaining vessels (maritime officer/shipmanagement/superintendent related desirable);
- Up to date courses Basic Training (BT), Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF) and Proficiency in Survival Craft (PSC) or the willingness to participate in these courses;
- Experience with commissioning mechanical and/or electrical systems, knowledge of PV, HV or MV systems, experience with SCADA/DCS and gas compression PLC control, understanding of steam, compressed air, chilled water, HVAC, plumbing, automation systems and process piping systems
- Good command of the English and Spanish language (written & verbal);
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
The history of Oceanwide dates back to 1976 when the first office was established in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. Throughout the years, Oceanwide has been recognized as a worldwide supplier of qualified maritime and offshore personnel.
Working conditions maritime vacancy Commissioning Engineer - Spanish speaking
- A stable job for a minimum of one year
- Permanent rotation of 3 weeks at work 1 week at home or to be discussed
- Paid transport and accommodation
- Good salary and secondary conditions
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Adrijana Uvoda
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +31 118 429510
- Bellamypark 3
- 4381 CG
Check out our other jobs