Cable Construction Manager
Sector: Wind Energy, Office
Function description maritime vacancy Cable Construction Manager
As of the 1st of March we are looking for a Cable Construction Manager for the Borssele project. As Cable Construction Manager you are responsible to provide the project team with offshore construction expertise to enable the execution of the project in a safe, timely and cost effective fashion. As Cable Construction Manager you are reporting to the Project Lead Cable Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- review of contractor’s design documents and methodology studies with focus on offshore installation documents;
- organize and manage (including resourcing) the offshore representatives on the main installation vessels;
- interfacing with the Cable Production Manager to ensure that interfaces offshore / onshore are adequately covered;
- review and comment on specifications of the contractor;
- provide advice on all offshore installation and design issues, including surveys, cable installation, lifting operations and protection of the future assets;
- review contractor’s engineering efforts on the subsea cable installation methodology;
- check consistency of installation schedules between the project team and the contractors and provide input to the further development of schedules;
- contribute to the development of a commissioning strategy for the project;
- review and comment / re-write the project execution plan sections related to offshore construction;
- monitor offshore construction and offshore SHE with the help of offshore reps and SHE manager;
- assist stakeholder management;
- alignment on transportation and installation guidelines;
- you contribute actively to a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and contractors.
Function demands maritime vacancy Cable Construction Manager
- Cable installation specialist with years of experience in the cable installation industry both on- and offshore;
- SHE and QA training and experience;
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or a comparable technical discipline, or have a proven track record assuring the required knowledge level;
- Extensive knowledge and experience (5 years +) in complex project management;
- Experience with FIDIC contracts is an advantage;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing;
- Willingness to travel.
Working conditions maritime vacancy Cable Construction Manager
Our client offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic international working environment. We offer an excellent salary with good secondary benefits.
Duty station for this function is Arnhem (NL).
Our client is a leading European electricity transmission system operator, with activities in the Netherlands and in Germany.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Mevrouw S. Brandes
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services
- Phone number:
- +31 118 42 95 19
- Bellamypark 3
Check out our other jobs