Region: Den Helder
Sector: Oil & Gas, Office
Function description maritime vacancy Buyer
Oceanwide is looking for a Buyer - Drilling related.
- Ensure that cost-effective and high quality purchase orders are created in a timely manner in order to meet the Company timelines, in a professional and ethical manner, minimizing Company’s exposure to commercial and/or contractual risks, and administered in accordance with Company’s procedures and governance
- Ensure the availability of goods and services which meet the needs of the Drilling Function
- Ensure that Company’s exposure to contractual and/or commercial risks is minimal
- Build relationships with suppliers, personnel from the Drilling Function and any other relevant Company personnel
Function demands maritime vacancy Buyer
- Be accountable for performing all obligations regarding health, safety and wellbeing of others and themselves, as well as the environment in which the procurement duties are undertaken.
- Ensure that all procurement activities are undertaken in accordance with Company policies, governance, procedures and Industry’s good practice & regulatory requirements. Report any situation which does not comply with these rules. Specifically ensure the enforcement of defined procurement policies and of supplier relationship principles and associated guidelines and code of conduct.
- Provide direction and guidance as required by any internal customer or suppliers to deliver the highest level of procurement standard work. Share the information transversally to the function and promote procurement activities and added value.
- Being in charge of the transactional activities, prepare for all validated requests purchase orders and services orders when contracts are available and RFQ otherwise.
- Lead communication between bidders and Company personnel during all tendering stages, issue, receipt, opening, analyzing, negotiating with bidder’s representatives and signatures/approvals.
- Liaise with contract specialist/advisor in charge of the activity for available contracts and templates
- When no available contracts, consult with contract specialist/adviser and if instructed prepare Bidders List in cooperation with internal customers representatives and perform RFQ in compliance with internal procedures and available templates. Negotiate, involving appropriate representatives (Internal Customer, Legal, QHSE etc.).
- Formalize purchase orders in system and ensure efficient expediting/progress follow up. Support internal customers by maintaining a proper administration of purchase orders and service orders and their related documents, providing feed-back on the delivery status of goods and/or services ordered and by handling queries from suppliers or internal customers.
- Ensure proper
supplier relationship management for local suppliers in liaison with contract specialist/advisor
of the category, contribute to global supplier performance assessment for
suppliers managed by contract specialist.
Planning and organizing
- Able to effectively indicate goals and priorities and the time, actions and resources required to be able to achieve the goals defined.
- Team player, able to collaborate with others for a common purpose.
- Independence, able to initiate and settle actions without the help of others.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluent in the English and local language.
- Significant procurement skills and a minimum of 5 years practical experience in a drilling related procurement role.
- Sufficient knowledge of information systems and user of tools and systems to support different activities (Contiki, Office, FPAL, supplier catalogues, etc. as applicable).
- Knowledge of supplier relationship management.
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower and HR services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
The history of Oceanwide dates back to 1976 when the first office was established in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. Throughout the years, Oceanwide has been recognized as a worldwide supplier of qualified maritime and offshore personnel.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen and Den Helder, Latvia, and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, New Orleans and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Our services include all steps of international manpower services specified for the dedicated business sector. See the services page for detailed information.
Maritime crew, offshore staff and technical personnel are trained and certified according to international standards such as ISO, CMO + MLC, IMCA, and STCW.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- De heer S.D. Hordijk
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services B.V.
- Phone number:
- +31(0)223 671712
- Luchthavenweg 6i
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs