Region: The Netherlands
Sector: Maritime, Dredger
Function description maritime vacancy Barge Master
We are looking for a Barge Master to start on short notice on board of a pontoon. The project has already been started and will end at the end of the year. The rotation is 2 weeks on/off, location is in the North of The Netherlands.
- Responsible for positioning of the barges (and instruction to) with tugs and/or tugs and (2) anchorages.
- Supervision of all ship activities and coordination of crew activities
- Final responsibility on board.
- Checking and maintaining of safety and environmental regulations on board.
- Ensures that equipment is complying with statutory regulations, guidelines and local regulations.
- Optimizing of the production and the continuity of the vessel.
- Schedules with the project the preventive and corrective maintenance in an efficient manner.
- To maintain ships- and personnel administration (e.g. ships log, daily report).
- Comply with national and international maritime law and regulations.
- Ensures that maintenance is carried out in an efficient and most economical manner.
- Fixed schedule of 2 weeks on/off till the end of the year.
Function demands maritime vacancy Barge Master
COC Requirement: Groot Vaarbewijs Binnenwateren (NL)**
Important 'hard' training requirements:
- STCW Basic Safety Training and/or Bosiet and/or Sea Survival
Oceanwide is an international provider of diversified manpower services focused mainly on the Maritime and Offshore / Energy industries.
The history of Oceanwide dates back to 1976 when the first office was established in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. Throughout the years, Oceanwide has been recognized as a worldwide supplier of qualified maritime and offshore personnel.
Oceanwide works out of two regions. In Europe, we have offices in the Netherlands, Vlissingen and Den Helder, Latvia, and Cyprus and in the USA region we have offices in Houston, Houma and Ciudad del Carmen. We also have a number of owned branch and recruitment offices that support Oceanwide activities. With our offices and agent network, we are able to provide first class service to all of our clients.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Jafer Ghossein
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Netherlands
- Phone number:
- +31 118 42 95 10
- Bellamypark 3
- 4381 CG
Check out our other jobs