Balance of Plant (BOP) Technician
Sector: Wind Energy, Wind Energy
Function description maritime vacancy Balance of Plant (BOP) Technician
Key duties will include:
- Supporting all BOP O&M activities both on and offshore.
- Prior to windfarm take over the BOP technicians will be required to support the site set up activities including the development of working process and procedures. In addition the WTG technicians will require to undergo specific IBR (internal) and external training courses.
- BOP fault finding / troubleshooting – i.e. identification of failure cause and determination of corrective action plan.
- Rectification of BOP faults/failures (i.e. corrective maintenance).
- Assist in the execution of the BOP scheduled maintenance plan.
- Maintaining the general cleanliness of the BOP.
- Inspections and maintenance of BOP spare parts and tools (onshore).
- Requesting and processing the necessary permit to work documentation.
- Assist in the picking and checking of offshore spares and tools to be used in the execution of work.
- Work closely with appointed BOP maintenance contractors.
- Compliance with all site QHSE rules including Electro Mechanical Safety Rules (EMSR).
Reporting, finance, and budget
- Reporting on BOP inspection / maintenance work which has been carried out.
- Zero Lost Time Incidents (LTI’s).
- Maximise energy production.
- Optimise fault response periods and corrective maintenance response.
Function demands maritime vacancy Balance of Plant (BOP) Technician
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Mandatory 2 years’ experience working as an O&M technician (WTG’s or BOP), with evidence of experience in troubleshooting activities.
- Technical Apprenticeship in WTG/BOP O&M or other valid training in WTG/BOP maintenance from a reputable training provider.
- It is possible that IBR may recruit a person in the position of Lead BOP tech, in this case the individual would be required to have >3 years’ experience working as offshore technician and should have been trained to a high level (i.e. trouble-shooter) with in a WTG manufacturer or OEM.
- Experience of operating and maintaining a variety of windfarm equipment e.g. substation equipment’s and not just wind turbines.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical and structural systems.
- Good work ethic.
- Flexibility to adapt to the working patterns required in windfarm operations.
- IT literate.
- At least one year’s experience as an offshore O&M technician.
- Experience in electrical and/or mechanical and/or structural maintenance.
- Educated at a degree level in a electrical, mechanical or structural engineering discipline.
- The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) certificate or equivalent (HSE qualification).
- GWO Offshore Training Certificates and valid offshore medical.
- Mandatory: 2 years WTG/BOP technician experience.
- Desirable: 1 year offshore O&M experience.
Skills & Aptitudes:
- Technical engineering / maintenance/ troubleshooting skills.
- Practical hands on problem solver.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Reporting and communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work requirements.
- Ability to travel in Germany and abroad.
Maritime & Offshore Manpower Services
Working conditions maritime vacancy Balance of Plant (BOP) Technician
We offer a great opportunity in a fairly new business The offshore wind in a young and enthusiastic organization
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Mevrouw Sarah van Rietschoten
- Contact company:
- Oceanwide Offshore Services
- Phone number:
- Luchthavenweg 6I
- 1786 PP
- Den Helder
Check out our other jobs