3rd Officer - Passenger Expedition
Region: Arctic/ Antarctic
Sector: Maritime, Passenger
Function description maritime vacancy 3rd Officer - Passenger Expedition
We are currently looking for a Third Officer to join our passenger expedition vessel MV Ortelius. The vessel accommodates 108 passengers and operates in the Arctic and Antarctic regions.
The Third officer has to act as navigational officer and is in charge of a navigational watch, assists in the safe and efficient passenger operations and is responsible for maintenance of lifesaving and safety equipment. He reports to the Master and/or Chief Officer.
Function demands maritime vacancy 3rd Officer - Passenger Expedition
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Valid CoC Officer Navigation Watch: A-II/1 or higher
- Valid STCW certificates and medical certificate
- At least 1 year experience in rank
- Experience on passenger vessels is an advantage
- Experience in Ice Navigation is an advantage
Oceanwide Marine Services is the ship operator of the Oceanwide Expeditions Group
Oceanwide Marine Services operates with private and chartered expedition vessels and is responsible for the management and operations on board. All voyages have been carefully prepared and developed (routing, regulations, provisioning, crewing, excursions etc.) and are empathic to the natural conditions of the areas concerned and therefore unique in their design.
Oceanwide Expeditions & Oceanwide Marine Services look back at 26 years of experience in expedition cruising, having built up a thorough knowledge of the areas visited. Our tours are constantly modified to guarantee the intended quality of our voyages.
Working conditions maritime vacancy 3rd Officer - Passenger Expedition
- Start: 15-Feb-2020
- 1st contract duration: 3-4 months
- Long term employment with fixed terms of 2.5 months on/off
- Location: Antarctic/ Arctic
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
- Oceanwide Marine Services B.V.
- Contact company:
- Phone number:
- +31 118 623023
- Visserijkade 5
- 4382 ZA
Check out our other jobs